What would even happen to you?
somebody mod this into portal and let the physics engine work it out.
You’d Probably Be Standing In The Void Of SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
You can’t place portals on moving surfaces, so dude would just get crushed by the moving walls.
I’m sure there’s a mod around that
The graphic already shows what would essentially happen.
Portals in the game are wormholes, for want of a better term between two distinct points in space-time. Making those portals move together with an object in between will render the subjective space of that object into a very small area, because, once part of the object enters either portal it will eventually come into contact with itself, which would have the same effect as crushing the object as if those portals never existed.
One may wonder then if the portals themselves are actually surfaces. To which, for all intents and purposes, they actually are. The plane on which a portal resides is its event horizon, if the entrance and exit apertures are spatially very close to each other, then there really is very little space between them.
Of course, real wormholes, if they exist, are weirder than the portals of the game, moving either end of a wormhole can invoke certain properties, including, but not limited to a temporal differential (yes, time travel), and even, potentially, dimensional transcendentalism (think ‘bigger on the inside’, a la the TARDIS).
So, yes, the graphic is an accurate representation of what would happen.
3767 Notes/ Hide
- askfiddlerpony reblogged this from heirofshape
- heirofshape reblogged this from time-knight-jr
- dekunko reblogged this from 8s4memo
- natuhleestuck likes this
- kenomop reblogged this from busket
- showeranon likes this
- subterran reblogged this from mr-radical
- styanriles reblogged this from postmortemtsarina
- bread-thief likes this
- a-much-more-profound-bond reblogged this from officer-nipples
- blackink-spots reblogged this from monobeartheatre
- iamnigg1st reblogged this from hfquinzel
- hfquinzel reblogged this from future-minister-of-magic
- future-minister-of-magic reblogged this from redwingtheblackbird
- redwingtheblackbird reblogged this from egbertspanties and added:
- ssshinji reblogged this from egbertspanties
- sydtheoreokid reblogged this from egbertspanties
- egbertspanties reblogged this from omnipotentdog
- lolwtfbbqribs likes this
- i-am-a-nguyen-er likes this
- omnipotentdog reblogged this from calliopes-rippling-abs
- imjthm reblogged this from megglesmarf
- megglesmarf reblogged this from blindedbytheunseen
- blindedbytheunseen reblogged this from exploding-zombies and added:
- armchairenthusiast reblogged this from sineout
- bigbang1 likes this
- agent-provocatrix reblogged this from peppersupreme
- thegayestmanieverknew reblogged this from coxinyoface
- kazoosh-the-cat likes this
- kmoonleaf reblogged this from akahfied
- silvermoondarksky reblogged this from waffle-dolphin
- cynical-seadragon reblogged this from realmofjacksonwride
- sonntamz reblogged this from scumtrout and added:
- koalasloverain likes this
- firefly-in-the-dark likes this
- anthaila reblogged this from allonsywerewolves
- anthaila likes this
- thegirlandhertardis reblogged this from somethingsaremelting
- thegirlandhertardis likes this
- triplet-peaks reblogged this from kanentokons
- triplet-peaks likes this
- somethingsaremelting likes this
- somethingsaremelting reblogged this from suddenlymeenah
- sinnersandsinnettes reblogged this from consulting-huggybear
- cyanhood reblogged this from certifiedalakai
- the--reapers likes this
- picklerocket likes this
- kanentokons likes this
- kanentokons reblogged this from certifiedalakai
- chiislushie reblogged this from coxinyoface